Location Kyrdemkulai, Ri Bhoi District.
Year of Establishment 1974 - 75
1. Cultivation of different varieties of fodder for farmer demonstration.
2. Feeding of green fodder to Cattle.
3. Silage making.
4. Producing fodder Seeds for supplying to the local farmers as well as outside the State.
1. Fodder cultivation - 198 Hectares.
2. Seed cultivation/production - 16 Hectares.
Breed Maintained Maize, Oat, Guinea, Napier & Teosintae Grasses.
Location Saitsama, Jaintia Hills District Year of Establishment 1990
1. To serve as a demonstration to the local farmers regarding production of fodder, preservation and preparation for Silage.
2. To Supply Green fodder and Silage to Government Farms
3. To produce fodder Seeds.
Area Covered 41 Acres.
Breed Maintained Maize.
Location Rongkhon (Chasinggre), West Garo Hills District
Year of Establishment 1991
1. To demonstrate the farmers about the cultivation of fodder and its uses.
2. To supply green fodder to Cattle farm Rongkhon.
Area Covered - 33.33 Acres.
Breed Maintained Maize & Guinea Grass.
Location Adugre, West Garo Hills District
Year of Establishment 1999
1. To produce seeds of various fodder plants for supplying to different fodder farms of Garo Hills.
2. To encourage local people for planting fodder.
Area Covered 19.83 Acres.
Breed Maintained Maize & Jowar.
Location Upper Shillong, East Khasi Hills District
Year of Establishment Prior to 1971 - 72
To produce high yielding of variety of fodder.
Area Covered 75 Hectares.
Breed Maintained Maize & Oat.
|Sl. No.||Category||Revised rate at the farm|
|1||Root slips||40.00 per 100 slips|
|2||Green fodder||3.00 per kg|
|3||Oat seeds||At par with Government of India rate|